|Meeting House or Bassett House||Standard||Institutions|
Hourly rate, minimum 3-hour reservation
Daily rate, up to 8 hours
Discount for recurring events: 25% reduction when reserving 3 or more events at once.
Kitchen fee: $20 additional fee for use of the Bassett House kitchen when renting non-kitchen space; $20/hour fee for use of the Bassett House kitchen alone.
Wedding and Event fee: $350 for use of one building and the grounds for four hours on the day of an event plus two hours of set-up/rehearsal time.
Full payment is required to confirm reservation.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received by phone or email at least one week before the reservation date in order to receive a refund (minus a 10% reservation fee.) Weather related cancellations must be discussed with the Scheduler.
Burlington Friends Meeting may alter these rates as circumstances warrant. For large groups of 50 or more, or those using the grounds, e.g. for weddings, memorial meetings, conferences, etc., rates will be negotiated with the Scheduler in consultation as necessary with the Property Committee. In order to support the Burlington Friends Meeting community and non-BFM organizations, those of limited means who wish to use the space may request in writing to the Property Committee for the Caring rate or a further reduction of fees.
To schedule: email@example.com, 802-343-0996.
Checks can be made to Burlington Friends Meeting, attention Treasurer
173 North Prospect Street, Burlington, Vermont 05401
- Each group shall identify a contact person and telephone number.
- The use of alcohol in moderation is permitted on the premises.
- No smoking (tobacco, marijuana, etc.) on the premises at any time; we also request that visitors be as fragrance-free as possible.
- Candles are prohibited unless mounted on a fireproof candlestick and base. Under no circumstances should candles be left unattended.
- No firearms are permitted on the premises.
- The Hospitality Center in the Meetinghouse may be used for light refreshments, not full meals.
- The Community Kitchen in the Bassett House may be used to prepare meals. Guests are free to use our plates and utensils as long as the posted cleaning guidelines are followed.
- Users shall be respectful and mindful of residents living on the second floors.
- Activities shall end by 10:00pm.
- There is limited off-street parking (approximately 8-10 spaces.) Most users will need to park on Prospect Street, paying careful attention to posted resident-only zones on side streets. All who can should avail themselves of public transportation; there is regular CCTA bus service. The space directly in front of the Meetinghouse may be used for temporary loading and unloading, or for handicapped parking. Users shall always respect the three posted tenant parking spaces.
- Overnight accommodation on the property is generally not allowed. Short-term overnight visits by small groups (defined as up to two consecutive nights by groups of 30 or less) may be permitted on a case-by-case basis if the impact on the property and community is judged to be low. The Property Committee must approve all overnights.